A few logistics that will be true for all of the Red Dirt Discoveries outings . . .
1) Parents assume all responsibility for their own kids and must accompany them or any other children they bring.
Please be respectful of all posted rules or requests in the parks. Most
places we will be able to find areas to veer off
and explore without
disturbing any sensitive areas.
3) Please leave dogs at home.
4) It's on - rain or shine!
5) Bring water, sunscreen, hats, bug spray and wear weather-appropriate clothing.
6) If you think you will need them, please bring snacks for your own family.
7) For locations with ponds, creeks, or other water source, you may want to bring towels or a change of clothes for the
kids to keep in the car.
8) We will let you know if there are restrooms available, stroller friendly
trails, or any fees for entry to the park,
playground, or nature area
that we'll be visiting.
9) The larger group does not have to stay together. The outings are simply meant
to facilitate getting out there and then
the experience relies largely
on your or your kids' interests.
10) All ages are welcome (bring the grandparents if you want!)
11) Feel free to leave early if you need to.
12) We will wait 15 minutes at the initial meeting place for any latecomers and then head out . . .
13) We take lots of pictures on the outings to post on the website. If you prefer not to have your child photographed,
please let us know. We never include names.